About Degree Course Finder
What is the DCF?
The Degree Course Finder (DCF) is a website that displays universities around the world that have confirmed recognition of a Pearson BTEC HND qualification.
BTEC HND recognition comes in 2 forms:
1. Recognition - a university tells Pearson they will consider applications from BTEC HN learners, but will assess advanced standing on an individual basis.
2. Articulation - a university has looked closely at the BTEC HN curriculum and has mapped it to their own undergraduate curriculum. The university then confirms exactly which courses BTEC HN students can apply for with advanced standing (typically directly to year 3).
Please keep in mind that just because a university isn’t listed on the DCF, it doesn’t mean they won’t consider an application from a BTEC HN student. It might simply mean that Pearson hasn’t been able to contact that university yet. If you want Pearson to contact a university regarding their recognition of your qualification, please let us know.
How do I use the DCF?
You have 3 different options, please click one of the links below for instructions on how to use the DCF:
If you are studying a Level 5 BTEC HND and want to find out where your Pearson qualification can take you – search by qualification.
If you want to study in a specific country using your Pearson qualification – search by country.
If you know the university where you want to complete your degree – search by university.
Who is the DCF for?
The DCF was created for students studying a Pearson BTEC Higher National qualification, looking for progression options to university. The DCF also guides parents, teachers, and school support staff to help students make informed decisions.
When should I use the DCF?
You can use the DCF at any point before, during, or after your studies:
• Before – to help you decide which Pearson qualification will best suit your needs to progress to university.
• During – it’s always good to plan early when it comes to applying to university. You can use the DCF during your studies (especially throughout your last year) to start investigating universities and courses in your home country or overseas.
• After – Pearson qualifications are designed to prepare students for the workplace, which means you can move directly into employment to begin your career. Universities recognise this, and in many cases have adapted their programmes to meet this demand. The DCF has been created with this in mind for when you are ready to progress to university. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Pearson any time.
What does the Progression and Recognition team do?
The Progression and Recognition team is comprised of 4 team members, all located in London, England. The job of the team is to work with universities, employers, professional bodies, Ministries of Education, and any other organisation that will influence where our students can progress after completing their Pearson qualification. We make sure these organisations:
- Understand Pearson's qualifications
- Recognise Pearson's qualifications